Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Hall of Unfaith

Faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

It has been a while, I have not been good about doing my devotional or blogging about it. Time to start anew again.

Today's devotional talks about what I feel I have been going through. The hall of unfaith. Hebrews 11 talks about the faith of all these great men and women of the bible, these were people who didn't have the benefit of the bible, daily devotionals or study groups to help and encourage them in their faith. The author points out how she felt ashamed reading about these men and women who had such great faith, and if there were a hall of unfaith, her picture would be there. I feel the same.....God has provided, and provided abundantly for me and my family yet I still don't fully trust and rely on Him all of the time. I still try to take control of the wheel, or be a bad backseat driver! I read about these great men and women of faith, and feel that I fall way short! My faith is so little compared to theirs!

I am leading a girls bible study, my prayer is that I am honoring God through this study, that I am reaching the girls to hear what He has to say about the topics, but as I do it, I wonder if I am taking control and trying to accomplish things for Him on my own. I don't want to do that.....I want Him to accomplish things through me, and above all I want Him to have the glory. I so long for this study to be honoring to God, and I feel like it was put on my heart for a reason, but I have been going through a valley personally, and I think that has something to do with my doubting. I need to give my troubles over, and have faith that He will sort them out, have faith that He will get me through, and have faith, that He will work through me.

Steps of Faith:
Thank You, Father, for the examples in the Scripture of faithful men, and women. I want to please You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment