Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Improvise

This is what I command you: love one another.
John 15:17

The devotional talks about a couple whose parents offer to take their children for the evening so they could have some alone time, however they didn't have enough cash for a real date. So they improvised, they decided to take their dog for a walk in the park. They talk about how it was nice to be able to talk without being interrupted by the kids, and just being together. The author goes on to talk about how important it is to spend one-on-one time with our spouse to nurture our relationship.

While I agree with her wholeheartedly, it's not always easy. My husband and I live 600 miles away from our families, so getting someone to volunteer to take our kids for the evening is not an easy task. If we want to go out together, we usually get a sitter, so it can be quite costly. It's one of the sacrifices you make when you move so far away from home. I know that spending time with my husband is important, but sometimes it's hard to justify the expense. I also know that God sees our situation, and provides little moments here and there.

Steps of Faith:
Father, please help me t nurture relationships with my loved ones. Give me creativity and the desire to keep my relationships growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment