Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Little Things

You observe my travels and my rest; You are aware of all my ways.
Psalm 139:3

Today the author talks of a woman who is about to go on backpacking trip with some friends, and in an effort to pack as lightly as possible they had decided to pack cans of tuna and english muffins. But she wondered how she could stomach tuna without any mayo. While she was in a fast food restaurant she saw her answer, packets of mayo at the counter. She loaded up and went to sit with her family and eat. As she was thanking God for His provisions, she knew she couldn't just take the packets of mayo. So she went to the counter and asked for the manager, she told him her request and he graciously told her to take what she needed, but thanked her for asking first.

She goes on to talk about integrity being a huge character trait, being made up of the little things we do. It's about doing the right thing in the small and meaningless things.

It would have been easy for this woman to justify taking the packets of mayo without asking, after all nobody would have noticed and people do that kind of thing all the time. But God wants us to be people of honor, and do the right thing even when no one will notice. I try to live my life this way, I don't always succeed, but I try.....I pray that God will show me more ways I can honor Him by having integrity in my life.

Steps of Faith:
Father, examine my life and show me any ways in which I am dishonoring You. I want to live with integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment