Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Fine, Painful Line

When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.
Psalm 94:19

Todays devotional is a touchy subject. It was about a single mother her raised her children in a Christian home, and worked hard to send her children to college. Her daughter went off to college, and learned that her roommate was gay. Her daughter became involved in the homosexual lifestyle, and one day announced to her mother that she was gay. Her mother didn't know how to handle this. She still loved her daughter very much, but reminding her daughter of what God's word said would be condemning to her daughter. Her daughter eventually "married" her partner, and the mother is still walking the fine line of loving her daughter, but not agreeing with her lifestyle.

This is another one of those devotionals that doesn't affect me in this moment in time. But as a mother these are things that you think of. I fully believe what the bible says about homosexuality. I believe that it is a sin. But that being said, everyone sins. However, we all don't flaunt our sin for the whole world to see as much as people who have chosen the gay lifestyle do. You don't see parades for people who commit adultry, do you??? No. And while this is a heated battle in our culture, and anyone who disagrees with this lifestyle is labled "intolerant", I do believe, that we should lovingly welcome homosexuals into our churches and into our homes, because they need Jesus just as much as anyone else.

I hope and pray that as a mother I never have to deal with this issue with my either one of my children. I just have to trust God, and teach them the bible and what it says, and trust that. The rest is their choice. My children have to make these decisions on their own, and only they can make them. As much as I would like to, I cannot make the decision for them. I just have to leave it in God's hands.

Deeper Walk: Proverbs 2 NAS
The Pursuit of Wisdom Brings Security
My son, if you will received my words and treasure my commandments within you, make your ear attentive to wisdom, incline your heart to understanding; if you seek her as silver and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will discern the fear of the Lord and discover the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and he preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course. For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will guard you, understanding will watch over you, to deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things; from those who leave the paths of uprightness to walk in the ways of darkness; who delight in doing evil and rejoice in the perversity of evil; whose paths are crooked, and who are devious in their ways; to deliver you from the strange woman, from the adulteress who flatters with her words; that leaves the companion of her youth and forgets the covenant of her God; for her house sinks down to death and her tracks lead to the dead; none who go to her return again, nor do they reach the paths of life. So you will walk in the way of good men and keep to the paths of the righteous. For the upright will live in the land and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from teh land and the treacherous will be uprooted from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment